Wednesday, May 09, 2007

How I Became a Programmer


This is a Nintendo Family Computer that we used to play Super Mario. What was interesting about this game console was that it is also a computer with a keyboard and a ROM cartridge with NS-HUBASIC programming language. It supports Text Modes and Graphic Modes on TV.

I only saw it being used as a computer. But thats when i got interested in programming. That was in 1985.

Some years later...


I wrote my first computer program on this personal computer in 1993 (or 1994). The simple computer was a CASIO FX-730P Personal Computer. With the RAM of only 8K bytes and a clock speed of about 400KHz, this simple computer can be interfaced with a printer or a cassete tape storage device.

The language was built into the firmware in the ROM, it was a version of BASIC.



will update this post soon.

4 comments:

Kuda Boalha said...

kewl.. my first game was a Nintendo..

autodynamix said...

cool. that was a long time ago eh? well i have also started to program myself this yr. im learning C#.

Neobe said...

so where are the updates ;)

and a heloo to u :)

Rocking Music said...

hey!!!!!kaaku theee